Can durmine and cymbalta be taken together?

May 2013
can durmine and cymbalta be taking together?
Posted Sun, 25 Nov 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 41 minutes later

Duramine contains phentermine which is a sympathomymetic and used as appetite suppressant generally.
Cymbalata contains duloxetine which is a serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor used as antidepressant, in neurological disorders etc.
According to many studies drug interactions have been reported between these two.
When used together cymbalata can potentiate the pharmacological response of duramine.
And jitteriness, racing thoughts, stomach cramps, dry eyes, palpitations, tremors, restlessness and hyper stimulation of brain-stem receptors etc side effects can occur.
So better to avoid taking these two drugs together.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
Follow-up: Can durmine and cymbalta be taken together? 34 minutes later
Any suggestions on what diet pill I cab u use that's as good as duromine and not natural?
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 4 hours later

Apart from 'appetite suppressant drugs' the other group of drugs used for weight loss are 'fat absorption inhibitors'.
Xenical is one example of these drugs which is approved for use in some countries like U.S.
As per the available studies it is not having drug interactions with cymbalata.
But before using any drug better to consult your doctor and discuss regarding the benefits and risks in using that drug then only start taking it.

Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.