Can drinking ,smoking and drugs recreationally would affect development and growth of the fetus in early stages?

I would like to know if drinking ,smoking and drugs recreationally would affect development and growth of the fetus in early stages of preg, 5 weeks preg , fetus is 3weeks 2days. concerned about past behaviour . If I have caused damage in these early stages I would prefer to terminate. I have a 16b,12g already from previous marriage and being 38 I am not taking this lightly.
Posted Fri, 9 Aug 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 40 minutes later
Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX Smoking, drinking and drugs can irreversibly affect the fetus. Alcohol can cause fetal alcohol syndrome, especially if taken during first three months of pregnancy,i.e. during embryo genesis period (8 weeks from the moment of fertilization) Children with this syndrome have:
restricted growth
facial abnormalities
learning and behavioural disorders
. These habits can also cause early abortions, hypertension during pregnancy, fetal growth restriction....etc. So kindly stop these habits. Regarding to terminate this pregnancy or not, I feel it will be your own decision considering your age.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Please do not forget to accept it.
Thank you,
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile