Can drinking mountain dew cause itching?

Hi Dr. Grief!

Can drinking Mountain Dew make me itch? I've noticed that my skin on my chest and back look awful, too, and the only reason I can come put with isu soft drink consumption.
I would also like to know if I can detox with the product included in the images I submitted. Thank you in advance!

Thank you,
Posted Mon, 8 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later

Although not common but still MOUNTAIN DEW can cause itchiness in a person since it has plenty of synthetic chemicals like sodium benzoate, sodium citrate, caffeine, preservatives etc. If you repeatedly feel itchy after consumption of MOUNTAIN DEW, then it would be better for you not to consume it.

As far as GREEN's detoxification product is concerned, it has lot of natural products in it along with laxative.

A prolonged use of laxative can make you habitual and you may be forced to take laxatives daily to maintain regular bowel movements.

Since there are no clinical data to support their claim, as company repeatedly claims that it reduces blood pressure, reduces liver inflammation and improves blood circulation, I would be skeptical to use it.
There are many natural ways to detox and I think you may follow them instead of using a product which has no scientific backing.

I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.

Best of luck,