Can drinking green tea increases metabolism? Is there any alternate capsule?

Jun 2015

It is known fact that drinking green tea increases metabolism. I tried drinking but on the second day i gave up. Is there any capsule that has a green tea extracts so that i can use as a substitute. Also is there any side effects consuming it. Could you please prescribe one which is available in India?

Posted Fri, 26 Apr 2013 in Weight & Lifestyle
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 2 hours later

Thanks for your query,

You are right regarding the fact that drinking green tea increases metabolism.
Other than that, it also has anti-oxidant & anti-cancer properties.

However, excessive consumption of green tea may lead to side effects such as headaches, insomnia, restlessness, anxiety, irritability, etc.
Few studies have also reported the use of green tea extracts to be associated with acute liver failure.

Green tea extracts are available in India in the form of capsules.
They can be available over the counter & the composition of green tea extract per capsule varies from supplement to supplement.

Due to ethical reasons, I cannot write the name of the products in this forum.
So, it will be better to consult your General Physician regarding the dosage which will be appropriate for your health requirements.

Wishing you a Good Health.

Let me know if I need to clarify further.

Thanks & take care.