Can drinking coffee and smoking causes gloating, nausea and dizziness?

I am gloated a lot of times, especially after drinking coffee and eating certains foods. I use a lot of sugar in my coffee and usually have three mugs a day. Also feel gloated after eating, I do not eat much but my diet is usually a lot of white bread. I do not have pain nor do I feel nauseated. I do have diarrhoea on many occasions but not all the time. I also smoke heavily. I am 71 years of age.
Posted Thu, 19 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Caffeine in coffee usually causes gloating Detailed Answer: Namaste Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Dear Termakill Excessive intake of caffeine, refined sugar and low fiber diet are associated with such symptoms. Also the increase in age slows down the intestinal motility. As there are no other associated complaints which could point to other pathology, there seems no cause of concern. I would suggest you the following 1. Avoid coffee- if it's inevitable to avoid it, decaffeinated coffee can be used. 2. Consumption of good quantity of water- it can be trouble some drinking large amount of water at night, it can be overcome by consuming atleast 2liter of water everyday. 3. Avoiding low fiber diet like white bread 4. Consumption of high fiber diet 5. Having 2 servings of fruits out of which one should be citrus food along with consumption of green leafy vegetables. 6. Avoiding oily/fried/spicy food. I hope I have answered your query In case you have any other query kindly get back to me. Wishing you a healthy life ahead. Take care Regards Dr T Shobha Deepak MBBS MD