Can doxyycline and azithromycin be taken together for STD infection?

Mar 2016

Can doxyycline 100 Mg and 250 azithromycin be taken together for a std infection
Posted Mon, 4 Mar 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later

Thanks for writing to us. I am happy to help you.

Both azithromycin and doxycycline are recommended in together for treatment & complete cure of sexually transmitted disease (STD). Also, there is no negative drug interaction in between them.

Doses of above said drugs are needed to be adjusted according to the severity of the diseases & other underlying factors. Therefore, you can consult with your treating doctor regarding this.

Maintenance of genital hygiene and practicing protected sex with condom are the key preventive measures against STD.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

Wish your good health in future.

Dr Soumen