Can doxycyciline helps to treat gonorrhea and chlamydia?

Dermatologist
Question
Does 100 MG of Doxyclyclne Treat Both Gonorrhoeae and Chlamydia alike If ypou treat for 10 days ?
Posted Fri, 15 Mar 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 11 minutes later

Thanks for the query,

Doxycyciline is a broad spectrum antibiotic and can treat both these infections.
Although the trend today is to use a single dose of cefixime for gonorrhoea and single dose azithromycin for chlamydia. But 10 day treatment with doxycycline is good enough to treat both infections.

Hope I answered your query. Let me know if you have any other enquiries.

Follow-up: Can doxycyciline helps to treat gonorrhea and chlamydia? 2 days later
My last question is how long on average after being treated with The Doxycycline will The Puss that is seeping from the Penis stop. I have Been on the Meds for 8 days now and still Have seepage, Thanks

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 8 minutes later

Usually there should be a good response within a week. The discharge should stop in a week.

If it is still continuing probably you need to change antibiotic. Perhaps you should ask the treating doctor to consider cefalosporin and azithromycin.

Hope I answered your query. Let me know if you have other concerns.

The Urologist Gave me a shot last Night, How Long Do you Think Before The Puss should stop on average ? I was given a single shot in the Buttocks I forgot the Name of it, But It starts with a C

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 37 minutes later

The shot you had may be a ceftriaxone injection. It is a cefalosporin and will act very fast.
You can expect results within 4 or 5 days.

Hope you get well soon.

Thank you