Can dizziness be a side effect of quinapril taking for rheumatoid arthritis?

HI I am taking 1quinapril a day for a long time I have rumatoid arthritis but never taken drugs for that and do not have a lot of actual pain However I have very stiff legs and was having bad cramp in the morning Magnesium tablet seems to have delt with that . I feel weary all the time no energy and just recently have a dizzie head when I put my head down when getting out of bed . I also take coemzyme q10 vitamin E red krill oil tablet when I read of the symptons from taking the Quinaprill I wonder what could replace it My Dr is happy with my BP each time it is checked every 3 mths but I always wonder about the side effects and this lethargy regards I.j.
Posted Fri, 17 Jan 2014 in Lupus
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Liver failure. other antihypertensives. DMARDS . Detailed Answer: Hello, I have gone through your query and understand your concern. Dizziness and felling of loss of energy are common side effects of Quinapril. If it is bothersome, then you may discuss with your treating physician to switch over to other anti hypertensives. On long use, quinapril, may also cause liver failure. Because there are plenty of anti hypertensives available for hypertension. As for as your rheumatoid arthritis is concerned, It is a progressive disease and we have to control the inflammation. Thus taking Disease Modifying Anti- Rheumatic Drugs (DMARDS) are essential. In addition, Physiotherapy is also needed to reduce the stiffness and pain in legs. Please get examined by rheumatologist, he may prescribe methotrexate or hydroxychloroquine and other drugs based on your findings in examination and health condition. He may also refer to Physiotherapist for physical therapy. Thus consultation with rheumatologist and physiotherapist is very much essential. Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.