Can dizziness and nausea be due to kidney stones ?

my wife passed a kidney stone yesterday but to day she is dizzy
the room is spinning.when she sits up she feel like throwing up

Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 17 minutes later
First,I dont think that her symptoms of dizziness and nausea are directly related to the kidney stone.These are gastro intestinal symptoms and should occur due to an GI problem or due to circulatory problems.

She should get her Blood pressure checked first.Then if its normal,positional vertigo is a common cause.I would suggest that she see a doctor and have a general check up first.She can take tab domperidone and pantoprezole for the nausea.Also hydrate her well.
Please get back to me for follow up queries.