Can discontinuing usage of Melacare cause reddishness in face?

Question
hi sir am using melacre cream from 2years ...present i stopped
my face is reddish ple sir can u give me suggition am felling very fear
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Beauty & Cosmetics

Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 12 minutes later

You mentioned that you were using Melacare. Its a skin whitening cream which contains Hydroquinone, combined with mometasone & tretinoin. Its a demelanizing cream, i.e it reduces melanin from the skin. It should not be used for long term.

I must say that the moment you stop, there will be rebound increase in pigmentation. That's the problem with skin whitening creams. Infact, use of Hydroquinone in skin creams has been banned by US FDA.

So you must stop using it now. Take some time & use a good moisturizer. Make sure you apply a sunscreen with SPF 45 - 70 to have adequate protection for UV Rays. It will take a couple of days before you get your own natural complexion.

Do not expose to sun & don't go for unnecessary treatments as they are temporary and can damage your skin.

If you still worry, please consult your Dermatologist.

Hope this answers your query.

Regards.

Dr Kiran

Follow-up: Can discontinuing usage of Melacare cause reddishness in face? 33 minutes later
sir tel me home tips...i will do it

Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 1 hour later
Hi Jmercymca,

You can try the following:

Mix 1 tsp of milk powder, 1 tsp of honey, 1 tsp of lemon juice, and ½ tsp of almond oil. Apply on face and wash off after 10-15 minutes. This pack helps bring shine to the skin and also removes XXXXXXX Do it regularly for better response

Avoid excessive consumption of heavy and oily foods.

Incorporate whole cereals, pulses, fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet.

Drink at least 4-5 liters of water every day. Water washes out toxins from the body.

Avoid Exposure to Sun.

Use a Sunscreen whenever you go out even if its not very XXXXXXX

This will help you.

Thanks and Regards,

Dr Kiran

Follow-up: Can discontinuing usage of Melacare cause reddishness in face? 1 hour later
hi sir thank you for u r response...i got small small reddish spots on my face ple give me any solution
Follow-up: Can discontinuing usage of Melacare cause reddishness in face? 28 minutes later
sir morning onwards my face is very reddish...any solution

Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 19 minutes later
Hi Jmercymca.

Well it is difficult to say what the spots are.
The rashes can due to may causes.

I would suggest you to apply any moisturizer. Avoid sun as they can get aggravated.
If it still persist you can try Calamine Lotion twice a day

Hope this answers your query.

Thanks and Regards

Dr Kiran