Can delayed menstruation be symptom of pregnancy?

Hi I'm two days delay with my menstration but my pregnancy test is negative if there is a possibility that I'm pregnant...thanks
Posted Thu, 27 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Can wait for another couple of days Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing to us. If you have never missed a period and are regular with your contraception, you may wait for another couple of days to see if you have got a delayed period this one time. Also, you can get a home pregnancy test read properly if done 3-7 days after a missed period with a fresh early morning sample of urine. If you do not wish to wait and want a confirmation right away, you can get the serum beta-hCG titre assay and this is more sensitive and specific and thus, gives you a definite confirmation/exclusion of pregnancy. A trans-vaginal sonogram, done after a week will also aid you better. Finally, you should see a specialist for proper evaluation and further management. Hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to contact for further clarifications. I will be happy to help. regards, Shanti.V.