Can cooked spinach and tomato be consumed together without causing kidney stones and during pregnancy?

Dear Doctor,

Can one eat / Cook Palak and tomato together? i heard both cant be eaten together as it may form stones in kidneys. I heard it is not good for pregnant women too.

Posted Wed, 10 Jul 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 24 minutes later

Both consumed frequently can lead to formation of kidney stones. Although both are XXXXXXX sources of vitamins, consumed rarely they are of help both to you and pregnant women.

The combination as such is not bad, any of them consumed frequently is bad.

Hope, I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.