Can coconut oil be consumed, if on warfarin ?

can you take coconut oil if your on warfarin
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
There are no documented interactions reported between coconut oil and warfarin. Since coconut oil components do not contain vitamin K like effects it is not likely to cause any harm while you are taking warfarin.
Still to be on safer side, after starting taking coconut oil, get your coagulation profile checked to see if any dosage adjustments of warfarin are required.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.