Can cialis and suboxone be taken together?

Oncologist
Question
I took 5mil of suboxone, can I take cialis while taking suboxone?
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Hello XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.

Cialis can be taken safely if you are also taking suboxone. I would not take these medications at the same exact time of day, however, to minimize any issue with drug absorption.

I would also urge you to use the lowest effective dose of cialis which is 5 to 10 mg per use of the long acting formulation. Be aware of potential side effects such as light-headedness or dizziness as well.

I hope this information has been adequate and helpful for you. If you have followups, I am available to address them.

Best regards,

Dr. Robert Galamaga