Can cervical erosion cause stomach bloating? No discharge, bleeding before periods are due. Taking contraceptives and have back pain

Can cervic erosion cause stomach bloating. At two last smear tests it was noted that I have a Cervic erosion I don't have a discharge but 2 weeks approx before I am due my period I will have a blood discharge which is usually a red/browney colour and disappears as soon as my period arrives. I am on contraceptive pill. Recently I have had continuous bloating which will not go away ? I also have lower back pain around the time this starts. Could this be causing the bloating ?
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 40 minutes later
Hello and thanks for posting your query.

Cervical erosions do not cause stomach bloating.
Your bloody discharge seems to be due to cervical erosions.
Your backaches may also due to cervical erosions.
The most likely cause for cervical erosions in you seems to be due to contraceptive pills.
You must stop using these pills and go for cauterization of cervical erosions.
The stomach bloating you are experiencing could be because of various reasons like
High use of greasy food
Use of more alcohol
Inactive and sedentary lifestyle
Lack of water intake

Start doing exercises and take plenty of water.
You can take some proton pump inhibitor like omeprazole once a day for few weeks.
These measures should be able to take care of your stomach bloating.

I hope I have answered your query. However you are welcome to ask any follow up query.
Thanks and good luck.
Follow-up: Can cervical erosion cause stomach bloating? No discharge, bleeding before periods are due. Taking contraceptives and have back pain 56 minutes later
I did attend a Gynae appointment a few years ago and they didn't offer any treatment at that time. I follow Weight Watchers diet so don't eat greasy foods I drink at least 1 litre or more water a day I attend the local gym 2/3 times a week. I do drink alcohol now and again not every week. I do have bother with constipation what can you suggest to help with this ontop of a high fibre diet ?
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later

You must consult your Gynecologist again regarding cervical erosions.

Your intake of water is less. You must take at least 2 liters of water for proper hydration and flushing of your bowels.

One must avoid laxatives as they cause problems in the long run.

You can add some extra fiber in the form of ISABGOL HUSK by taking 15 gms in morning and night with at least one glass of water.

I hope all these things should help you.