Can bulging disk in spine cause lack of saliva and taste?

Nov 2013

can two buldging disk in cervical spine cause lack of salavia and taste and no feelin when swallowing?
Posted Tue, 10 Dec 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: No, cervical disc bulge would not cause them. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for posting your query. Bulging of discs in the neck would not lead to lack of saliva and taste, or lack of feeling while swallowing. These symptoms would usually occur with involvement of brain (typically the brain stem) and not cervical spine. Bulging of discs in cervical spine usually causes neck pain, pain in the arms or numbness and weakness of arms. I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you require any additional information. Wishing you good health, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India