Can bulging disk in cervial spine cause lack of saliva, dry mouth and numb throat?

Nov 2013

can 2 bulging disk in cervial spine cause lake of salavia and severe dry mouth and taste disturbance with numbness in throat and mouth?
Posted Sat, 14 Dec 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 9 hours later
Brief Answer: These symptoms would not occur with cervical disc. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for posting your query. Two bulging discs in the cervical region would not cause lack of saliva, severe dry mouth, taste disturbances and numbness in throat and mouth. These symptoms are unrelated. Possible causes could be disturbances in the brain (brainstem), medicine side effects and viral infections. I hope it helps. I would be pleased to answer any follow up queries. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist