Can brownish discharge and mild cramping be signs of pregnancy?

Question
Hello, I am having brownish discharge, very mild cramping and just started urinating a lot. I'm estimated to be 12weeks and 2days pregnant. My 1st dr appt is tomorrow, I'm very anxious. What's happening to me?
Posted Mon, 3 Feb 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: Get one ultrasound scan done Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. If You are having cramping pain along with brownish discharge you can undergo threatened abortion. Get one ultrasound scan done for well being of fetus & consult your doctor immediately. I will be available for your further queries. Regards

Follow-up: Can brownish discharge and mild cramping be signs of pregnancy? 14 minutes later
Is a threatened abortion the same as miscarriage?

Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Get ultrasound scan done Detailed Answer: Hello, During threatened abortion fetus is alive but bleeding starts. In some percent of cases pregnancy continues even after bleeding but few cases can convert into miscarriage. So do not be panic & get ultrasound scan done for fetal well being. If fetus is alive & healthy on ultrasound basis you can recover by bed rest , taking progesterones & tocolytics. All the Best