Can brown discharge and cramps be signs of pregnancy?

hello, I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend on 10th day of my cycle. my periods regularly come on 32nd day. it was not exactly sex as *** did not penetrated my vagina, i am still virgig but since it was near it and seminal fluid contains some amount of sperm i took an i pill after 56 hours. i had a breakthough bleeding after 1 week and then my normal periods on my due date(the day which was suppose to come if i have not taken the pill). 1 month after this date i should have my regular periods but it was only brown spotting there was nothing on my pad. considering this as my periods i again had the same kind of sex on 6th day. its 12 days now from the day of brown spoting. i took urine test via kit but it was negative. but i am having cramps. am i pragnent?
Posted Fri, 31 Jan 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 26 minutes later
Brief Answer: Cannot be predicted now, but unlikely. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing to us. The cause of the brown spotting in this cycle is not likely to be related to the intake of emergency contraception in the last cycle. If you did not have any intercourse during the past month, you need not worry; it could be a scanty period as happens sometimes owing to occasional hormonal imbalance. Complete penetration is not needed for pregnancy to happen. Conception is possible even with sperm deposited on the vagina if it occurs in the fertile period. It is too early to get a positive pregnancy test. Moreover, you are unlikely to be pregnant if the spotting you had was your normal period as then, you had intercourse during the safe period. The cramps could be related or not, could be due to ovulation etc. Please wait for another couple of weeks before testing again; you can get a specialist opinion and a sonogram for a clarification on the issue. Hope your query has been answered. Please contact for further information. I will be happy to help. regards, Shanti.V.
Follow-up: Can brown discharge and cramps be signs of pregnancy? 33 minutes later
Thanks, I was worried. It was only the seminal fluid because of which i was worried as even the sperm was not deposited anywhere near vagina. we had sex considering the safe period only. but can you please tell me is there any chance of pregnancy due to seminal fluid?
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: Seminal fluid contains sperms and causes pregnancy Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing back. As of now, I do not think you could be pregnant, but yes, seminal fluid can cause pregnancy as it contains sperms. It is the medium through which sperms are transferred. If what you had was a normal period or not can be detected only as you see your next period. Hope your doubt has been clarified. Please contact for any more information. I will be ready to help. regards, Shanti.V.