Can breathing mold cause pseudo gout attacks? Improved health after changing house

Could breathing mold cause psuedogout attacks? This is about my mother who is a fairly healthy 90 year old who has been suffering for the past couple of years with rather severe psuedogout attacks. About 9 months ago she moved out of her house and into a retirement home. Since the move, she overall health condition has improved remarkably. Just recently however, she sold her house and the new occupants reported a serious mold problem in the basement most likely caused by flooding which occured from heavy rains 3 years ago, or so. Since she has had little or no problems with her gout since her move, my question is this: Could living in that mold environment have caused her gout problems in any way?
Posted Mon, 17 Sep 2012 in Environmental and Occupational Hazards
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 1 hour later

Thanks for the question.

I don't think these two things are related to each other.

May be something else, like change in lifestyle or indoor temperature etc played role on her gout symptoms.

Please ask if there is anything else.