Can breastfeeding affect nutritional needs of a new fetus?
User rating for this question
Hi I am currently breastfeeding, full time and my daughter just turned 6 months. Just found out that I am pregnant. Can I keep breastfeeding her ?? I am worried that the nutrition the new baby needs will go to making milk for my 6 months. Should be worried ??
Posted Tue, 21 Jan 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 30 minutes later
Brief Answer: Possibility of miscarriage Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. If you take sufficient nutritious diet, that may fulfill the needs of breast feeding baby and growing fetus. But because of breastfeeding prolactin levels remain elevated and that can lead to miscarriage. And recurrent pregnancies with short interval can affect the general health status of the woman also. Better to keep at least 2 years gap between two deliveries. If this pregnancy is precious to you, you can continue. In that case, better stop breast feeding gradually and go for alternatives with the advise of pediatrician. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.
People also viewed
- 37 weeks pregnant bleeding spotting
- Cycloreg affects breastfeeding
- Sauna suit affects breastfeeding
- Blocked nose 37 weeks pregnant
- Can breastfeeding affect nutritional needs of a new fetus
- Does hyperthyroidism affect breastfeeding
- Dose of ondem syrup
- Blood rushing to head 37 weeks pregnant
- 37 weeks pregnant red blood spot
- Neurobion dose of meftal p
- Ondem syrup dose for 5 yr old
- Nutritional concerns of breastfeeding mother
- Tight blotchy legs at 37 weeks pregnant
- Normal dose of sinarest
- Lithosun sr dose off