Can blood sample be given for sugar test during periods?

Being a female, can I give blood sample for sugar (diabetis) test during my periods time?
Posted Tue, 3 Jul 2012 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 1 hour later

Ideally menstrual cycles may effect the blood sugar levels. Factors that may affect your blood glucose levels include drinking alcohol, taking other medicines and, for women, changes to hormone levels during the menstrual cycle. But the effect on blood glucose levels is varied.

Many women notice fluctuations in blood glucose at certain times in their monthly cycle, such as an increase in blood glucose a few days prior to the beginning of their period and then a decrease once the period begins. Some women find their blood glucose rises considerably, while others do not notice a difference.

You can get your blood sugar levels tested after your periods.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.