Can bloating,hourly urination,heaviness in breast and uncontrollable hunger be symptoms of pregnancy?

hey, I just had a period I think which is not regular, my breast was heaver at the time but now they are back to normal, but the thing is I feel like I am pregnant , I feel bloated peeing every hour and eating a lot or hungry very fast and also my lower belly and back slightly hurt. Is it possible that I am pregnant.
Posted Wed, 22 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please, do a rapid pregnancy test. Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for trusting us with your health query. To begin with, you must have had an unprotected sexual encounter recently to suspect that you could be pregnant. Assuming this, the single and most effective way to say whether you are pregnant or not is to do a rapid urine pregnancy test. This is because the symptoms of pregnancy are not only seen in pregnant women. They are present in a lot of different conditions as well. Please, what is the date of your last normal menstrual period? Peeing every hour with this slight pain may also raise the suspicion of a possible urinary tract infection. Especially, if the urine is in small volumes than usual. Has there been in change in the amount of water you drink recently? If the test should be negative with a persistence of these symptoms, then you would need a proper investigation. Peeing a lot, easily hungry can represent any different diseases including diabetes, urinary tract infection, weather related, etc. Without a more detailed questioning and maybe investigation, it could be difficult establishing the exact cause. In all, please provide me with the following information. 1. Date of last normal periods and the date of the last periods considered abnormal. 2. Any change in urine volume or pains during urination? 3. The result of a rapid home pregnancy test. With these answers, I will determine what the next step would be. I hope you find the above input helpful. I wish you well. Please, feel free to ask for more information or clarifications if need be. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD.
Follow-up: Can bloating,hourly urination,heaviness in breast and uncontrollable hunger be symptoms of pregnancy? 14 hours later
Hi Thank you for replying to my questions . Yes I did have intercourse 11 days after my period . My normal period was on November 29th to December 3rd. The reason I said that this period is abnormal is because it came on December 26 1 full the second, was half day and three days was spotting like every hour or so which for me is not normal I would change sanitary like every two hour the second day and it would continue heavy until the forth day . There is no pain while I pee or when I am finish , I did do a home pregnancy test four day ago an it was negative , I have four children and usually pregnancy test shows up about 3 month when I am pregnant, that why I am panicking . The only thing tell me I am not is my breast every thing else tell me I am . thank you Please respond.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 4 hours later
Brief Answer: With a Negative test, I will suggest waiting! Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for following up with me. Thank you so much for providing this information. 1. Though you have reported an abnormal menses, it is not too out of the norm. There are always some small changes like what you noted which are not in anyway related to pregnancy or a disease. 2. A home pregnancy test is normally expected to be positive by the time your next menses were expected. If yours was negative, then I have more reasons to think that you are not pregnant. 3. Because you have reported inconsistent test findings in previous pregnancies(3months before the test becomes positive), I will suggest that you get an ultrasound done. This looks directly at the uterus and tells whether there is any ongoing pregnancy or not. This will be the gold standard and would not allow us with any doubts as to whether you are pregnant or not. In all, I strongly think you are not pregnant. However, I will suggest that you do a pelvic ultrasound to confirm this. I hope this helps. Feel free t ask for more information. I will like to know the outcome so that we can talk on specifics related to this. Dr. Ditah, MD.