Can any online doctor tell me about my thyroid report?

Hello sir, Myself XXXXXXX height 5ft2inchs.Age 23 and weight 45.6 kgs. I wanna know if i have thyroid or not. Never took any medicine for thyroid. i have tested thyroid profile 4 time in the past three years. DATE -03/08/2011 T3 - 1.30 ng/ml T4 - 9.20 μg/dl On 18/ 12/ 2011 my weight was 40 kgs TSH - 5.90 uIU/ml DATE- 18/10/2011 T3 - 1.04 ng/ml T4 - 9.52 mcg / dl TSH - 1.95 mcIU / ml weight on 06/03/2012 and 02/05/2012 was same 40kgs, Then on 02/ 08 / 2012 was 42.9 kgs. DATE: 09/07/2013 FT4 - 12.0 pmol / l on 11/05/2013 was 44 kgs. TSH - 6.5 μIU / ml DATE : 21/11/2013 T3 - 90 ng / dl Now weight 45.6 kgs. T4 - 7.7 μg / dl TSH - 9.93 μIU / ml Hope I gave all the details. waiting for your answer. THANK YOU.
Posted Fri, 27 Dec 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. V. Kumaravel 20 hours later
Brief Answer: Sub clinical Hypothyroidism Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Warm greetings, I do understand that you are a 23 years old female with a weight of 45.6 kg. Your concern seems to be related to the confirmation of thyroid disease. I had reviewed your thyroid report. you have undergone Thyroid function test 4 times since 2011.Except for the report on 18-10-2011, your TSH has been increasing from 5.9 to 9.93, and your weight is also increased from 40 to 45.6 kg. Your T3,T4 has been normal. The above features are more in favor of subclinical hypothyroidism. In order to decide further management I would like to know the following ; Whether you had received any medication for thyroid? whether you have a neck swelling? How are your menstrual periods? Whether you have any lipid abnormality or depression? I would also like to know your anti TPO antibody. Awaiting your reply. regards
Follow-up: Can any online doctor tell me about my thyroid report? 27 hours later
Hello sir, Thank you for you reply. once i had consulted an Endocrinologist. I showed him the report taken on 03/08/2011. Then he checked my neck and asked my concern and prescribed " A to Z" and " Festal N". Then told me to do the test again after 2 months. So i did and showed him the report taken on 03/08/2011. I don't feel any neck swelling. My periods are normal. But very recently for the first time i missed it for one month. I had my last on 8th September and then it came on 10th November. I am suffering from low serum ferritin. So i take Autrin almost everyday. My lipid profile as dated on 23 Nov 2013 TOTAL CHOLESTEROL ----- 186 mg% (125 - 200) HDL CHOLESTEROL -------- 70 mg% (35-80) LDL CHOLESTEROL -------- 101 mg% ( 85 - 130) TRIGLYCERIDES ------------74 mg% (25 - 200) TC/ HDL CHOLESTEROL RATIO ---2.7 Ratio (3.0 - 5.0) LDL / HDL RATIO -------- 1.5 Ratio (1.5 - 3.5) VLDL CHOLESTEROL ------ 14.76 mg% (5 - 40) I have attached my report for more details. Please check.Awaiting your reply. Thank you.
Answered by Dr. V. Kumaravel 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Subclinical hypothyroidism Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Thanks for your follow-up. I do understand that you have no neck swelling, your menstrual periods are normal, your lipid profile is normal for your age. In view of subclinical hypothyroidism with increasing titer of TSH you may require low dose Thyroxin therapy and you could follow your TSH and anti TPO antibody levels. Do not hesitate to contact if you have any queries. Best wishes.
Follow-up: Can any online doctor tell me about my thyroid report? 2 days later
Hello Sir, Thank for your answer.. Can you suggest me any medicine and the food should be avoid???
Answered by Dr. V. Kumaravel 17 hours later
Brief Answer: Suclinical hypothyroidism Detailed Answer: Hello Considering the background details provided, After a detailed clinical examination, i would generally prescribe Thyroxine tablets for my patients. As for as food is considered, you are supposed to take iodised salt. It is preferable to avoid large quantities of uncooked cabbage. wishing you good health. Regards,