Can any online doctor suggest me on my ultrasound report?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
Dear Dr of OBGYN,
I would like to send you a photo and could you interpret it for me please? I am living in vietnam and was unable to find a doctor who speaks English in the town I'm working. This ultrasound was taken , could you please tell me what it represents ? I had a period 16 days ago, I am very unsure what I am looking at, where is the Uterus? What is represented on this scan? Many thanks regards
Posted Sat, 19 Jan 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 4 hours later
The first image is not clear and I am not able to open the second image, it is difficult to interpret with one picture.
As a whole it is appearing as bladder above and uterus below.
But uterine features like endometrial thickness etc are well defined.
If you send some other photos taken during ultrasound it will be better to interpret.
And you didn't mention your problem for which you have taken the ultrasound.
So please mention your clinical details, as that may help in interpretation.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Can any online doctor suggest me on my ultrasound report? 5 hours later
Thank you for your reply Dr, I have attached the photos again. Can you see them now?
I had an abortion 6 weeks ago, which was nesscary and I am rather paranoid tht I am still pregnant, it has effected me quite deeply in my mind. I just wanted you to please confirm there is absolutely no pregnancy in this photos?
Are there any features in the photos which you explain look like have problems? The uterus is empty? Thank you very much for your help.

Dear madam Dr

Thank you for your reply so far, I. Am very appreciate your help. I. Have a few more query perhaps you would help me with please.

1) The Uterus is below the bladder and the ovarian cyst lies below the uterus (photo on left)?

2) what is the whitely shaded area inside the black area (photo on left)

3) there is a measurement indicator, are you able to tell what is this? T the left side of the black area (photo on left)

4) The Ovarian cyst is normal? I heard sometimes it can be pregnancy related, and I am worried about that.

5) if a pregnancy were current I would be 12 weeks, would this be visible on this ultrasound photo?

6) is the uterus represented on the photo on right side?

I'd like to finish and review you with great commendment after you have answered these question you Have been so far, thank you madam

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 6 hours later

1.The uterus is present below the bladder and it is empty. The ovarian cyst is not visible clearly.
2.The white areas are the walls of the bladder and uterus. The white area inside the uterus is endometrial lining. And there is no evidence of retained products.
3.The measurements are not completely seen. I am able to appreciate only 6.7, that could be length of the uterus.
4.If the ovarian cyst is less than 5 cm, containing clear fluid only, with out any septationas then that could be taken as simple cyst only, which will possibly regress with progression of time.
Ovarian cysts are not always pregnancy related.
5.Your uterus is not showing gestational sac or retained products in this photo.
6.Yes, the above one is bladder and the below right side structure is the uterus.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Can any online doctor suggest me on my ultrasound report? 1 hour later
Thank you Dr! I'm extremely happy with your response.
I am a little confused because the ultrasound image shows LIVER in the top right about 6.7 but the picture is of the uterus/bladder as you say. Would there be an explanation for this?
Did you receive both photos? One with XXXXXXX writing on paper and ultrasound photo on top of The writing? I will try to re upload it an possibly you could dicect it a little more for me? Then I will write a review for you, thank you kindly madam

I have uploaded the most recent photo, maybe you could examine it for me please and let me know what my uterus shows on this photo and the cyst?

On the previous photo it states liver top right under 6.7 but the ultrasound is of the uterus bladder, would there be a technical reason for this?
Thank you, I'm waiting to write an outstanding review

Previously I received the first photo only.
In that I was able to see 6.7 only and not able to see anything on its above.
So I thought that they may mentioned length of uterus there.
The opinion given by me was about the first picture I received.
Now I received your next photo.
In that I am able to make out the ovarian cyst in the second picture, but the first picture is not clear.
Can you please send the report and the image separately, I am trying to translate.

Follow-up: Can any online doctor suggest me on my ultrasound report? 30 minutes later
Dear Dr

I do not keep the papers, unfortunately.

1) On the first photo I sent you, 6.7 was written below "Liver" but the ultrasound was of the Uterus/Bladder - could there be any technical reason for "Liver" being in the top right below 6.7 this? It confused me.

2) Photo on right side-- the latest photo you viewed, you see the ovarian Cyst, is the uterus present in that photo? (Photo on right side)

3) Photo on left side -- it is a little unclear, unfortunately I've no copies. But from quick glance, is the uterus visible? Is it under the bladder ?

4) there is a measurement beside a BIG prominent black area, what would this measurement likely to be? Is it a zoomed out version of the cyst?

5) inside the big black prominent area, there is like a white shading to the left, close to the measurement, what would the white shading be likely to be? My fear and anxiety came in when I saw it as it looks like to my eyes a Gestational Sac with white shading, but I think not? The mind does play tricks sometimes.

6) from both photos you assessed, it's evidently there is no pregnancy or remenents of pregnancy?

I just subscribed for 3 more follow up questions, but hope not to take too much of your time, Thank you Dr

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 3 hours later

1. Yes, there could be some error in typing. I am thinking that they selected the option 'abdomen' instead of 'pelvis'. That may be the reason that the word 'liver' appeared on the top.
2. I am not able to appreciate the uterus clearly there.
3.It is appearing as transverse sectional view, with uterus and bladder side by side.
4.In the right side picture the ovarian cyst is being measured whereas in left picture the endometrial thickness is being measured.
5.I am thinking that it is the bi layered endometrium. As per the words I translated from your report uterus is given as normal.
6.As per the visible findings in the two reports I think that there is no pregnancy or retained products.
You once discuss with your local doctor and get confirmation.