Ask a Urologist   »  

Can any online doctor help me to read my urine analysis report?

Please help me understand better the results of my urine test. I had occult blood 1+, rbc4-10, WBC 0. I also had mucus and crystals oxalate found in my urine. My doctor sends me for ct scan. What could be causes of all this? I'm 37 years old male, healthy with zero health issues in the past. Thank you I was trying to upload my urine test. Everything else on the test is within a range. Only the occult blood, mucus, rbc 4-10 and the crystals. Thank you.
Posted Thu, 16 Jan 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Aditya Bhabhe 4 hours later
Brief Answer: See detailed answer Detailed Answer: Hi there Thank you for sending in your query. Did you have any symptoms when the test was done? Your urinalysis shows presence of Red blood cells. The common causes of this are infections or stones anywhere in the urinary tract. Comparatively rare causes are cancer in the urinary tract or diseases of the kidney like IgA Nephropathy. Most of these diseases produce persistent RBCs in urine. In some people RBCs may be seen transiently following exercise or sometimes from no apparent reason. So if you have had no symptoms, then I would repeat the urinalysis once more. If it is still positive for RBCs, then we have to start looking for the above mentioned causes. I think it is worthwhile to start off with a CT scan. I hope this was helpful. Feel free to contact me if you have further questions Regards Dr Bhabhe