Can any on line doctor suggest diet for 1 year old child?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
Hello Doctor,
I don't have an option to select for baby age in months-So i would like to clearly mention it as 9 months here itself.
I have a boy baby who has completed his 9 months and I am giving him the following food to eat- cerelac,cooked XXXXXXX banana,pomegranate juice ,chickoo juice,rice , cooked carrot,beans,potato and dhall. But nowadays he is bored having the same menu again and again.Can you please give me some other healthy food menu for him ? Also i would to clarify that can we give him any wheat biscuits soaked in warm water?
Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. K. C. Pant 1 hour later

You have written that your 9 months old baby boy is bored of eating same food. Let me tell you that cooked XXXXXXX is NOT a good edible diet. Never give your baby a cooked XXXXXXX This may cause nausea, vomiting and bloating of abdomen; moreover he will have loss of appetite.

This is the major mistake many mothers do. This may be what is going on with your baby and as a result; he is refusing other diet as well.

If you wish to give XXXXXXX give as little juice and only once a week.

Other homemade diet like kheer, dal soup, khichari, halwa, basan cheela, upma, custard, semainya and XXXXXXX and sujee are good Indian diet for infants. Sometime mashed potato and other fruits like banana are good. You may try banana milk shake and other fruit shakes as per baby's taste. Try to study baby's liking and dislikes. Also study what other healthy babies of his age like and share knowledge with your friends.

I am sure gradually you will get lots of good ideas for baby’s healthy nutrition and keep changing diet as per your baby's age and liking. If baby is sick he may refuse even a good diet, so keep your pediatrician in the loop and follow up regularly.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you need clarifications.

All the best and take care!!