Can any on-line doctor help me to read my ct report of temporal bones?

Question
the did a ct at my temporal bones, and it say MASTOID CELL WELL-AERATED. rRETENTION CYSTS VESUS POLYPS BILATERAL INFERIOR MAXILLARY SINUSES,RIGHT GREATER THAN FEFT. WHAT THAT MEAN?
Posted Sun, 5 May 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans

Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 4 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query,
Cysts are fluid containing structures, and polyps are potrusions of connective tissue into a cavity. This simply implies that, there are fluid filled bodies within the maxillary sinuses (a sinus is a space within the bones, in this case of the maxillary bone). Mastoid cells are small air spaced in the mastoid bone (bone above and towards the back of the ear).
These structures are usually interrelated, and infection of one could easily spread to the others, reason why interpretation or evaluation is done together.
I suggest this evaluation was certainly asked by an ENT specialist for the evaluation of either headaches, chronic rhinitis or blockages of nostrills , or chronic pain in the temporal bone.
Management in this case might be medical for the beginning, because depending on clinical response, might become surgical.
Evaluation by your ENT specialist is most appropriate.
thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.