Can any injury to the cervix cause moderate bleeding ?

I'm having some moderate bleeding and pain after husband fingered me last night and there was a moment of pain at the cervix area. Could he have torn the cervix or scratched it. This has never happened before. I have a three year old and I'm 29. I'm on day 11 of my cycle so period has long been over. Am I ok?
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 hours later

Thanks for your query,

Yes, it could be a traumatic bleeding,its very common and no serious.The commonly involved area is the cervical opening and do present with moderate bleed and pain.

Its self limiting needing no special treatment.Do abstain from intercourse for a minimum of a week from now.This is to allow healing.

If you are using Tampons for the bleeding do apply Dalacin oint while inserting , if not you can leave it alone too.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.