Can anxiety cause little high body temperature? All test came normal

Over the past month I've been taking my temperature. Between 430pm and 530pm my temperature will be in the normal range, and sometimes rise to 99.3. Is this considered a fever? It's happened only a few times in the last month. Everytime it happens, my temperature is normal within about 10-20 minutes without taking medicine. In the past 3 months I've had the following tests - all normal: 3x CBC w/diff 3x Metabolic panel chest xray abdominal xray abdominal ultrasound colonoscopy stool cultures thyroid blood test Lately, I've been experiencing body aches. My muscles feel tired, like I have a fever, but my temperature is always normal. Saw Doctor again today, and he said since all my testing was normal within the last 3 months, it must be anxiety/depression (which I do have) and bumped up my amitriptyline dosage to 25mg at bedtime. Should I be concerned? Is my temperature considered a fever if it's 99.4 and gone within 10-20 minutes without meds?
Posted Sun, 22 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 2 days later
Brief Answer: It's normal diurnal variation Detailed Answer: Dear XXXX The temperature of body is not constant. There is diurnal variation, that is temperature varies in the same day within fixed limits . If the variation is beyond this limit only then it's labelled as fever. The normal temperature is 98.6°F+/- 0.8°f . So temperature between 97.8 to 99.4 can be considered as normal range. The temperature is lowest at 6am and highest at around 4 to 5 pm. Your temperature on higher side coincides with the normal higher temperature of the body which is normal. Also rest be assured everything seems alright as your investigation is also normal. Wishing you a great and healthy life In case you need any further assistance will be glad to assist you Take care Best Regards Dr T Shobha Deepak MBBS,MD