Can anti glare glasses be used while watching TV and driving? Does it raise the power?

I have minor power
Right eye: SPH = -0.25 CYL= -0.25 Axis = 55 vision 6/6
Left eye: SPH = -0.25 CYL=-0.25 Axis = 65 vision 6/6

Is is ok to wear anti glare glasses while watching TV, working on computer and driving. I have heard that prolonged use of anti-glare anti-reflective glasses can develop permanent power and the need to wear glasses permanently. Is this true? Please advise.
Posted Fri, 22 Jun 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Mihir Shah 19 hours later

You have a very minor degree of simple myopic astigmatism.

Anti-glare glasses reduce the glare from bright light sources and reduce eye strain. Anti-glare glasses have no effect on your power. We sometimes prescribe anti-glare glasses for people with no power. So you can wear your glasses without any fear.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be available for any further queries if you have any.
If you do not have any further queries please close this discussion.

Best regards,
Dr.Mihir Shah