Ask a Urologist   »  

Can anal lesions be hemorrhoids?

Dec 2012

Are these hemorrhoids?
Posted Sat, 1 Feb 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Yes those are hemorrhoids Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX The anal lesions you have presented on the pictures are those of external hemorrhoids. You will need antihemorrhoidal suppository, corticosteroid creams and maybe some antiinflammatory tablets to help remedy the situation. I suggest you see a doctor who can get close medical examination and provide you with appropriate treatment. Hope this helps and wish this helps Dr. Nsah
Follow-up: Can anal lesions be hemorrhoids? 10 hours later
I'm using germoloids cream and a fibre supplement called fybrogel for a week, how much longer could it take to heal?
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Can take just a couple of days Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Hemorrhoids upon proper treatment can take as fast as just a couple of days to several weeks to completely heal. I do believe you are already on the appropriate treatment and you should therefore give it sometime for it to clear off. Regards Dr. Nsah
Follow-up: Can anal lesions be hemorrhoids? 3 hours later
I have found out from another question that I may have herpes, could they be this instead of hemorrhoids?
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 40 minutes later
Brief Answer: Do not think it is herpes Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX I did look at the picture I am sure it is hemorrhoid you are having and not herpes. Those are not how herpes lesion occur. Maybe the little bump just posterior to the larger lump may look like herpes lesion, but I am sure that you are suffering from hemorrhoid and not herpes. It will be more proper if you went to see a doctor so that a good physical exam can be done. Hope this helps Dr. Nsah