Can anal fissures cause infection ?

I am thinking about having knee replacement surgery, can a anal fissure cause a infection?
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 45 minutes later

Anal fissures generally don't cause infection. But it's a site that is susceptible to infections in a hospital setting. Most often, they are generally not treated by surgery but symptomatically.

Total Knee Replacement (TKR) is not be a contraindication due to anal fissures. One can symptomatically treat the fissures before undergoing TKR.

Hope I have answered your query. If there are any more concerns, I am available for follow ups.