Can an online doctor explain my semen analysis report?

hi i want to know if the below semen analysis will be fair enough for making my wife concieve Reaction : Alkaline pH:8.1 Viscosity: Semi Viscous Liquefaction Time: 40 Min Sperm Count Total: 50 Millions/Ml Active Motile: 40% Sluggish Motile: 05% Non motile: 55%
Posted Mon, 24 Mar 2014 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Reasonable but not perfect reports. Detailed Answer: hi, you have reasonable sperm count. but the motility ratio is on the lower side. I do not think it is abnormal as well, as overall motile sperms are much higher. I would recommend you to take multivitamins for 2 months and repeat the test again. YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE ANY PROBLEMS WITH FERTILITY WITH THE ABOVE REPORT. All the best.
Follow-up: Can an online doctor explain my semen analysis report? 14 minutes later
is smoking a reason for lower side of motility ratio? though I smoke 4 cigrates and drink alcohol rarely!
Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: YES Detailed Answer: YES, It is good that you asked. Smoking is regarded as THE most important cause of male infertility next to diabetes. I strongly recommend you to keep away from smoking (at least till you finish your family```) All the best.
Follow-up: Can an online doctor explain my semen analysis report? 35 minutes later
Hi my last question.. with this report can I try for a baby in natural way ( provided my wife's has a clear history) ? should I consult a urologist? or can u suggest a medicine for increasing the. active motility
Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: you can certainly try Detailed Answer: yes, you can certainly try. no need to consult urologist at present. Start any multivitamin and mineral tablets for 2 months. All the best.