Can an online doctor explain my lab report?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2013
Mar 2013
Excellent
Question
I took clomid 100 from day 3 to 7 , then estradiol from day 8 to 15 , Day 21 reports E2 - 32 pg/ml Progesterone 0.2 Day 30 report E2 - 273 Progesterone 0.68
Posted Wed, 19 Feb 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 16 minutes later
Please let me know the follicular monitoring scan results. Those are more important.

Follow-up: Can an online doctor explain my lab report? 15 hours later
I cant go for scan these days ?

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 5 hours later
Brief Answer: EXPLAINED BELOW Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. The progesterone values are lower than normal, so probably it indicates that ovulation has not occurred. However, it is very unwise to monitor a cycle of Clomid using these blood values. An ultrasound scan done serially would track the growth of the follicle and would provide direct evidence of ovulation. It is advisable to remain sexually active around the time of ovulation. Please provide me more details regarding the date of your last menstrual period, your normal menstrual cycle duration and the indication for fertility treatment. Take care.

Follow-up: Can an online doctor explain my lab report? 3 hours later
Thanks alot E2 is 278 so i think this mean there is a mature follicle right ? I thought my report mean i am at pre ovulation phase

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: DETAILED BELOW Detailed Answer: Yes the estrogen levels point to a mature follicle. The reports indicate pre ovulatory phase, but then on day 30 being pre ovulatory means you have highly irregular cycles otherwise. Is that so ?

Follow-up: Can an online doctor explain my lab report? 6 minutes later
I took decapeptyl 11.25 mg for endometriosis on 29 aug , my period didnt come back since that , so i took medicine to bring out my period which came at 28 december , then i took clomid Day 21 report E2 - 32 Progesterone 0.2 On day 30 E2 - 278 Progesterone 0.68 So fo you think decapeptyl finally wear off my system from ( 29 aug ) I hope this is ovulation I will repeat tests tomorrow ( day 33 ) I hope to find ( lh surge ) or increased e 2

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 2 hours later
Brief Answer: EXPLAINED BELOW Detailed Answer: It seems that the decapeptyl effect is wearing off. OVulation documented on ultrasound is confirmatory. Why not have an ultrasound scan also to see follicular size ? Do post the day 33 results though. Wish you luck.

Follow-up: Can an online doctor explain my lab report? 22 hours later
Hi dr As i told you before , i repeat my tests 3 days after last one Last one on 27 XXXXXXX E2 - 273 Progesterone 0.68 Today 30 XXXXXXX E2 59 Progesterone 4.63 Do you think ovulation occour 3 days ago ? When i have to repeat progesterone test to confirm ovulation ?

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Brief Answer: EXPLAINED BELOW Detailed Answer: Yes, findings are suggestive of ovulation that has occurred. No need to repeat the test. Have a pelvic scan immediately - it will pick up signs of ovulation.