Can alcohol consumption lead to increased heart rate and red face?

as itake alcohol my face becam red heart bet fast my age 46 i drink only 2days aweek idrink for last 20 years before no problem by one year it happen problem sug madcine to cure allerge i dont want to stop week 2 days enjoy as iam in civil fild
Posted Thu, 13 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: Can be many reasons Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for posting your query on HealthcareMagic. First reason that comes to my mind is that your blood pressure may be either going higher or lower than normal. Thus I would suggest that you regularly monitor your blood pressure and take treatment accordingly. Alcohol as such cause deviation in blood pressure and if it changing then you will need to stop taking alcohol. Second reason can be that some metabolic product of alcohol is causing flushing of face. Third reason can be a rise in packed red cell volume. This can also cause flushing of face. It can be easily checked with a blood test. Fourth reason can be presence of anxiety while taking alcohol. Treatment depends on the cause of flushing. Whatever the cause, alcohol is having a negative effect on your health. Thus the wisest thing to do is to stop alcohol intake. Many people do it daily and so can you. Get involved in other fun activities. Join a social network. Or just take rest in your free time. Start by not taking alcohol for short duration like a week or two weeks. When you are comfortable than you can live without it, increase the duration. Hope it helps. Dr Vaishalee