Can alcohol be taken after using antabuse ?

I took one antabuse about thirty hours ago. I am now wondering since i have only taken one, can I drink alcohol this evening?
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 59 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query.

The answer is no. I would not recommend drinking having taken the Antabuse even 30 hours ago. There has to be some reason why you have been given Antabuse to take an if you are taking it you need to abstain from drinking any alcohol at all.

The bottom line is that I do not recommend you drink alcohol in this setting. You could become profoundly ill.

I hope this answer has been helpful and informative to you. I would be happy to answer any followups if you have them.

Dr. Galamaga.