Can acid reflux cause pain thats not severe in the upper abdomen between the nipples?

Cardiologist
Question
Can acid reflux cause a stab type pain thats not severe in the upper abdomen between the nipples say..?
Posted Tue, 21 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 10 minutes later
Hi i read your query very carefully and would like to say yes the reflux can cause that and you have to consult a gastroenterologist for proper treatment.

Follow-up: Can acid reflux cause pain thats not severe in the upper abdomen between the nipples? 6 minutes later
Can tou tell me more about a hiatus hernia and its effects

Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 23 hours later
Brief Answer: please refer to the following answer. Detailed Answer: Hi, I read your second answer very carefully a, would like to say: - This is a situation when one part of the stomach enter in thoracic cavity. - This disorder may be accompanied with heart burn , gastritis and dyspnea. - Usually no specific treatment is needed, only symptomatic medication. - When the herniated part is to large and the pain is stronger than surgery is recommended. Hope I gave more valuable information to you. Dr. Benard