Can aborted babies survive if they are aborted, what happened to my aborted baby?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2013
Mar 2013
Question
Posted Mon, 24 Jun 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Hello XXXXXXX
Could you tell me at what gestational age ( how many weeks of pregnancy ) did you abort ?
Generally, medications given to induce abortion would first affect the heartbeat of the baby, so that aborted babies are born dead.
sometimes, if aborted beyond the 7th month, they are born alive, in which case, they do not survive for long .

Follow-up: Can aborted babies survive if they are aborted, what happened to my aborted baby? 38 minutes later
Am not sure, but I just feel like when I had the abortion that when I had a glance at the baby it looked like it was alive, but the nurse wouldn't let me look at it.

I feel I want to know more about what happened to my aborted baby. I'snt it my right to know.

Of course it is your right to know.
Please tell me at what gestational age the abortion was carried out, and the indication for the same.

Follow-up: Can aborted babies survive if they are aborted, what happened to my aborted baby? 44 minutes later
AM not sure, maybe 15 or 16 weeks. Also, I have another question. I haven't had my period in 3 years and I've been off birth control for over a year and a half.

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 2 hours later
Yes, I do have an answer, and I am NOT supposed to answer immediately, although I do try my best to answer promptly and civilly.
At 15 or 16 weeks, the fetus would have died within a few minutes of birth, even if born alive.
There could be various reasons for absent periods - anxiety, stress, hypothyroidism, polycystic ovaries, damage to the endometrium due to the abortion, or due to infections, hormonal imbalance etc, obesity, severe bleeding during the abortion etc.
You need to provide me further details of your previous pregnancies, their dates, complications etc.
Wish you well.