Can a widower think of his sex life with his wife while masturbating?

Oncologist
Question
I'm a 42 yr old widower, my wife died in January. My question is, is it normal for me to think about my wife and my sex life when masturbating

Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Men Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 24 minutes later
Hello and thank you for submitting your question.

Your question is a very good one and I will work on providing you with some good information and recommendations regarding what is going on.

Regarding the fact that you have been thinking of your wife during the situations this is completely normal. It is very likely that you spent a significant portion of your life with your wife and she is going to be permanently part of your subconscious mind. In this sense she will be part of many different types of thoughts including thoughts involved with intimacy and sex.

This may be somewhat surprising to you but given the fact such as I mentioned that she is such a close part of your mind and body it is something which is actually quite common. In that sense it is not something to be worried about.

I thank you very much again for submitting your question. I hope you find my response to be helpful and informative. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Sincerely,

Dr. Galamaga