Can a walker be given to 11 month old to improve walking abilities?

Hi doctor my daughter is 11months old she can sit and crawl well can I give her a walker or will it hamper her walking abilities
Posted Sun, 12 Jan 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hi Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX Walker is usually employed for babies around 1 year of age. These are mostly harmless but are banned in western countries because of the risk of tripping and falling. This may result in injuries to the kid. Thus I usually recommend against it. Babies do start walking spontaneously also without the help of walker. Walker does not hamper with walking abilities. Let me know if I can assist you further. Dr Vaishalee