Can a tumor in the pineal gland cause optic neuritis?
User rating for this question
Can a tumor In the pineal are cause optic neuritis in my right eye
Posted Fri, 7 Mar 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Guru 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Usually it does not cause optic neuritis Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for consulting HealthcareMagic! Usually, tumors of pineal gland does not lead to optic neuritis. The actual cause of optic neuritis is mostly unknown however is generally thought to be a type of autoimmune disorder. Hope I have answered your query. If you are satisfied, you may now close the discussion and rate the answer. If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows: WWW.WWWW.WW Wish you good health!
Follow-up: Can a tumor in the pineal gland cause optic neuritis? 5 hours later
I was diagnosed with optic neuritis 8 weeks ago it started to go last week but today has come back again with pain again is this usual
Answered by Dr. Guru 11 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes it is possible with Optic neuritis Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for follow up! Pain of eye particularly with eye movements is very common in optic neuritis. You definitely need follow up with your doctor as it may lead to loss of vision. Take care!
Follow-up: Can a tumor in the pineal gland cause optic neuritis? 46 minutes later
Is it usual to start to get better then to go bad again
Answered by Dr. Guru 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for follow up! Yes, it is possible. It depends on the underlying cause and unfortunately, in most cases the cause is unknown. Take care!
People also viewed
- Children white blisters on gums
- I have mild lumbar spinal stenosis please suggest me
- Cervical myeloradiculopathy multi cervical disc disease compressive
- Empty sella and optic neuritis
- Optic neuritis causes
- Blisters on ears children
- Recurrent optic neuritis causes
- Meth cause blisters in throat
- Small blistered bumps on thigh
- Small blisters on childs hand and feet
- Is my daughter actually having seizures
- I am suffering from anterior l1 compressional fracture
- Bilateral optic neuritis causes
- Is stem cell therapy helpful for an orthopedic patient
- Optic neuritis compter sickness