Can a trip be planned during pregnancy?

Hi My name is rukku i am a 6th week pregnancy,planning for a trip in USA about 2 hrs of flight journey is it ok? if yes what the precautions to be taken?
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 24 minutes later

Thanks for query.

Congratulations to the mother to be.

Ideally travel should be restricted in 1st trimester, that is first 12 weeks of pregnancy. If travel cannot be avoided, then precautions need to be taken.

Before going, visit your doctor once for routine check up like blood pressure etc.

Please take following precautions during travel to avoid problems.

1. Drink plenty of fluids during air trave to prevent dehydration.
2. Be light on your stomach. Eat healthy.
3. Wear loose clothes
4. Take precautions to avoid injury while walking, climbing and so on.
5. Do not travel alone..
6. It would be a good to know about the availability of doctor at place where you are visiting.
7. Avoid unnecessary unnecessary physical exertion.

These precautions are absolutely needed as first trimester is crucial for baby's growth.

I hope your doctor have investigated for the reason of miscarriage in last pregnancy.

I hope this answers your query, I will be available for follow up.