Can a sever itchy lesion resembling red lump,when HSV1 positive, be an indication of herpes?

Is this Herpes? I am very concerned I contracted HSV 1 from a partner that is HSV1 positive for old rashes she used to get on her forehead. I have had a severe itch in the irritated area, followed by a red lump. The lesion does not hurt or is painful, but itches. I took IGG test at 2 weeks negative for both and IGM at 3.5 weeks negative. Two doctors advised it doesnt look like herpes but I have the symptoms. I had penis pain for a week that went away once I took Cipro. This bump also came and went, and then returned this morning with an itch. The girl I had protected intercourse with is neg for HSV2 but positive for HSV1 she blames on a rash she has had 3 times in her life. She had no outbreak or symptoms during this time and hasnt had one in years. Is it possible I contracted her HSV1 in my genitals. She only did oral for literally 1 second with no protection. My doctors say its not likely unless she has an outbreak. I dont believe them based on my findings. I was advised to put lotrimin (anti-fungi) on the lesion but it doesnt seem to help. Im scared its herpes. I have been peeing more and again, I had pain in my penis (not during urination) but that has since gone away. Please help! Does this look like a herpe lesion? If not, what is it? What can I do to get rid of it. It's a little shiny now but it's not an ulcer or anything. PLEASE ADVISE!
Posted Mon, 13 Jan 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Its doesnt seem to be Herpes Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. The pictures that you have uploaded were very useful to give us a clear picture and they certainly dont look like herpes. Moreover the exposure is also very insignificant with oral for less than a second and that too when there is no exacerbation, it becomes very unlikely for you to have herpes. More so to support, your investigations have come back normal. It appears more of a bacterial infection, probably a folliculitis. Now that you are already on anti-fungal, you can take an antibiotic as well. Also try to keep the area dry. The lesion may subside on its own in some time. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
Follow-up: Can a sever itchy lesion resembling red lump,when HSV1 positive, be an indication of herpes? 8 hours later
Thanks for the response. However, the lesion has turned dark today and looks like it is turning into a scab, now this was a quick turn around from when it returned to now being flat, dark, and crusting, but doesnt herpe sores do the same thing? This lesion was present for 1.5 weeks, went away, and now came back. Doesnt herpes do this as well. Im trying to analyze what you are basing your answer on. Why DONT I have herpes would be a better response? Also, based on my readings I took the IGG test way to early making it inconclusive. Should I take it today being over 4 weeks post exposure? Will that be a waste of time? Again, the lesion is now flat and looks to be scabbing but I still fear Herpes. I had the majority of the symptoms this past month. Tired, increase pee frequency, pain in penis (gone), itchy genitals, and then this lesion. I also read its possible contract HsV1 from someone with no known symptoms. This is even more concerning. Please advise.
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: Its still unlikely Detailed Answer: Hello, Herpes lesions have a characteristic appearanceand you kknow when you look at one. The lesion that you showed on the question doesnt look like herpes. However in your question you had not mentioned that you have earlier unprotected intercourse. If so then the chances of STD are still there although not herpes. I understand that the tests that you had taken were little early but they are fair enough to give you proper results and hence you need not worry about the herpes. If still you are not satisfied, you can do a recheck by testing yourself for the HSV and in most certainty it will come negative. However be careful during your future sexual contacts. You need to be protected all the time. Regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy
Follow-up: Can a sever itchy lesion resembling red lump,when HSV1 positive, be an indication of herpes? 14 minutes later
Thanks Dr. XXXXXXX Yes I also did have intercourse with this female in question, both unprotected Nov 10 and protected Nov 25. I was tested for every STD under the sun via blood/urine at 2 weeks post exposure from the most recent encounter and everything came back neg. I made the girl also get tested and she came back NEG for everything except HSV1, which is how I found this out and where my worries started after I was going through these symptoms. I will test again, but based on your experience I am relieved this is not a typical herpe lesion. I guess I just need to know what fits the description. Nonpainful, itchy irritated lump that is raised if manipulated...then turns dark and crusts and may return.Any idea beside Folliculitis??
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 13 hours later
Brief Answer: Other possibilities Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the follow-up question. The other possibilities are : 1) Insect bite 2) Fungal infection It all depends on the course the nodule takes with time. All said it doesn't appear to be anything serious. Just get tested again after 2 weeks. Regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy