Can a serious tumor be treated successfully?

doctor my wife had a 1 cm tumor removed. I asked the doctor how did it look. He said he did no know./ Could it be some doctors do not know if it is bad until the path report has come back. This is a surgeon of 40years. Can a 1 cm tumor if bad be treated successfully. ps is a 1 cm tumor considered large or small
Posted Sat, 22 Mar 2014 in Breast Cancer
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 25 hours later
Brief Answer: Need some more details Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. The prognosis or the secondary effects caused by the tumor cannot be judged by the size or its location. The Histopathology report correlation is an essential element in identifying the tumor type, characteristics, health hazards, secondary effects too. Do wait for the Path report and only based on that you could get a clear picture of the tumor. regards,