Can a rash area on inner thigh be a jock itch?

I noticed a rash area on my inner thigh Is this jock itch? It happened immediately after working out this evening. Its on both sides in the same place. Im leaving at 7:30 am tomororow on a trip to visit family for christmas I'd really like to know what this is so I can be careful about towels I use etc.. it doesn't seem itchy at this point
Posted Wed, 15 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 3 days later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing to us. From the description provided and images attached, it seems you developed frictional intertrigo due to exercise. It is not jock's itch or tinea cruris. Usually in such cases, I prefer giving steroid antifungal cream to my patients. You may mix clotrimazole cream and hydrocortisone cream in equal quantities and apply. It should resolve in a day or two. the only precaution thats required is to avoid wearing tight occlusive synthetic or denim clothes as it may irritate the area further. Also avoid exercise till it heals. Hope this answered your query. Take care