Can a person get sarcoptic mange from a dog? Will the mite live long on a human?

Question
Can a person get sarcoptic mange from their dog, and if so will the mite live long on a human.
Will it go away on it's own?
Posted Fri, 21 Sep 2012 in Skin Rash

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 44 minutes later
Hi AAAA,
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
Yes you can get the parasite from your dog and it would cause a lot of suffering and probably will stay there till treated.
You should treat yourself and the dog as well.
Apply lotion Permite at bed time on the whole body every three days into three applications. Keep applied for 8hours and then wash.
It is poison so avoid applying on face.
Please get these investigations and if you like, inform me in a Fresh Query / Follow up Query for further fine tuned opinion
Wish you a great health!

Follow-up: Can a person get sarcoptic mange from a dog? Will the mite live long on a human? 17 minutes later
I have the pimple like rash on my jawbone, everything I have been reading says that the mite that infects dogs is different from the scabies that effects people...and that the canine mite will not live longer than 3 days on a human host...is this true?

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 11 hours later
Hi AAAAA
Welcome back to Healthcare Magic Physician's Desk!
The 3days duration does not hold applicable always.
It basically depends on your immunity, if it is sound then you would not develop the problem, because you already have got it, so it is hardly advisable that you should suffer to see whether it goes or not.
I would advise to start the treatment and get it clear of your skin through medication and also boil your beddings and clothing that you have used this fortnight.
Take Care
Wish you a great health!