Ask a Urologist   »  

Can a penis really shrink from masterbating too often? Want to marry and be as healthy as possible

Can a penis really shrink from masterbating to often?
im going to be getting married soon and i feel like my penis may be shrinking. I read on another webpage that over masterbation ans cause the penis to shink. I would like to know if that is true cause i plan to marry soon and i want to be as healthy as i can be.
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Vineet Malhotra 1 hour later

Masturbation does not have any effect on penile size or sexual function. A flaccid penis may appear shrunken especially in colder conditions.

You need not worry about the length of your penis in terms of partner satisfaction if it is more than 2.5 cm in length. This length is enough to provide partner satisfaction during intercourse.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be happy to answer any further queries that you may have.

Dr Vineet Malhotra