Can a parasite or fungus live in clothing,fabric and furniture?

Is there a parasite,bacteria or fungus that can live not only in the host but also in clothing,fabric and furniture.It can make ripples under cloth and can twist string into a knot.It is host activated,treatment resistant, and has an elaborate camaflauge ability.I have been disabled for three years based on extreme cognitive dysfunction and most all of the other basic debilitating symptoms associated with parasitic dysfunction. I retired from a long career as a family psychiatric nurse practitioner and I am willing to entertain any other ideas.Since this is true there is no way that I am delusional.Perhaps you can point me in the right direction even if you don't know what it could be.We have changes in our skin,hair and even facial features.The walls and floors are scratched up much like XXXXXXX hair spaghetti caused it.There are holes drilled in the floor as well as things burrowed into the wood.It is always the same pattern.My family refuses to even look at what I am seeing.I know I sound delusional and I wish someone could prove me wrong based on the evidence.Several times I have said I guess I am delusional but then something else would

happen.When this happened I would think I can't live with this by myself.It is amazing how much a person can learn to ignore when there is no longer any other alternatives.This is probably only one third of all of this but much of the earlier things I can't remember.Thank you for your help.
Posted Sat, 9 Nov 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Anjana Rao Kavoor 2 days later
Brief Answer:
Morgellons disease

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing in to us.

I have read through your query in detail.

You probably might be having Morgellons disease. There is very little clinical information on the condition and further research is on to know more about the condition.

Morgellons disease is the popular name for an unexplained skin disorder characterized by disfiguring sores and crawling sensations on and under the skin. Morgellons disease also features fibers or solid materials emerging from these sores.

People who have Morgellons disease report the following signs and symptoms:
Skin rashes or sores that can cause intense itching
Crawling sensations on and under the skin, often compared to insects moving, stinging or biting
Fibers, threads or black stringy material in and on the skin
Severe fatigue
Difficulty concentrating
Short-term memory loss

The intense itching and open sores associated with Morgellons disease can severely interfere with a person's quality of life.

The signs and symptoms linked to Morgellons disease can be distressing. Even though health professionals may disagree about the nature of the condition, you deserve compassionate treatment. To manage your signs and symptoms:

Establish a caring health care team. Find a doctor who acknowledges your concerns and does a thorough examination.

Be patient. Your doctor will likely look for known conditions that point to evidence-based treatments before considering a diagnosis of Morgellons disease.
Keep an open mind. Consider various causes for your signs and symptoms, and follow your doctor's recommendations for treatment — which may include long-term mental health therapy.

Seek treatment for other conditions. Get treatment for anxiety, depression or any other condition that affects your thinking, moods or behavior.

I hope this helps,
Any further queries are welcome.
Dr. A Rao Kavoor