Can a ovulation trigger shot during an ivf cycle, delay a period?

Infertility Specialist
Question
can a ovulation trigger shot during an ivf cycle delay a period
Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 in Infertility Problem

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: progesterone hormone Detailed Answer: Hi IVF Procedure involves stimulating many follicles which after egg removal secrets hormone called progesterone. This hormone in excess along with progesterone medicines prescribed lead to delayed menses. Hence the delay is due to progesterone and not hCG trigger. Let me know if you have any more questions. Regards Dr. Mahesh Koregol IVF& Infertility Specialist

Follow-up: Can a ovulation trigger shot during an ivf cycle, delay a period? 1 hour later
is it possible to have an early period with all those hormones or is it possibly implantation. Also is it possible that hormones are simply causing vaginal spotting.

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 7 hours later
Brief Answer: implantation Detailed Answer: Hi These progesterone hormones actually delay periods and it is unlikely to have periods as long as you are on these medicines. If there is spotting it is likely due to implantation. But cant be sure about it. Continue your medicines till the date it is prescribed. Let me know if you have any more questions. Regards

Follow-up: Can a ovulation trigger shot during an ivf cycle, delay a period? 11 hours later
it happened to me a few times before that I had bleeding one week before a period was due. This happened however when i was not on progesterone. Can it still be implantation bleeding if there was more than just a tinge. There was enough red blood on panty liner that it was quite noticeble. It only lasted a few hours and stopped. Another question, I read that progesterone vaginal inserts can cause orange discharge. Why does this happen? Thank you so much you are really helping me :)

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 4 hours later
Brief Answer: yes Detailed Answer: Hi Yes . The early periods were because you were not on progesterone and hence early and more bleeding. This time you may not have had period as you are on progesterone. The spot of blood seems to be implantation bleeding as its just a spot. Hope for pregnancy. The progesterone pessary might turn orange probably after mixing with little blood of implementation. Regards